Dead Hippie

DieBoomerDie
@yahoo.com

We update regularly!


Powered by Blogger

Top 
Blogs

Politics 
blogs

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Will Iraq War tarnish boomer legacy?

"For the first time, I begin to understand the conflicting hopes and fears that my parents must have felt during the Vietnam War. I can imagine their confusion when their government spoke of defending freedom and fighting for peace with honor, while the protesters complained of failure and brutality.

I don't pretend to know what we should do in Iraq. But I do know that as I write this, somewhere in America, a child is being born. If the Iraq war does turn out to be a disaster, if it devours our prestige and self-confidence, he may blame his elders for letting this happen."

"Iraq War Has Helped Me Reconcile Vietnam Questions"
USA Today

Comments on "Will Iraq War tarnish boomer legacy?"

 

post a comment